19 April 2011

Almost Time

  • It's Tuesday. The second busiest day for me here at work. I should be doing invoicing.
  • BUT. Tax season is over, so our friend Mars will be ready soon. Tom will be glad to get his wife back, no matter what he says. When you own several H&R Block offices, I can only imagine how frantic her first quarter is! Tom's been retired a couple of years now, and I think he is enjoying being away from his local school system. At least, HE SHOULD! Just so you know; there are people that have 2236 days left BEFORE I CAN RETIRE!
  • BUT. Both of the Nuns are back in Michigan and I am sure they are itching to go. The Nuns. (None in the morning, none in the night!) Barb retired about a year and a half ago and just spent a couple of months in Florida with her 95+ year old Mom. (Bless your heart Mrs. D!). Dr. D is one of my 'partners' when we play cards. She hates to lose ALMOST as much as I do. So; we don't do it often! Gina retires in June. I'm pretty sure she can't wait to get away. You gotta love the nuns. (Yes, they were!) But, Barb, just so you know, there are people that have 2236 days left BEFORE I CAN RETIRE!
  • BUT. I know Joe and Mick are ready. They both told me so last week at the Charity Dinner. (Relay for Life. Just do it.) Joe's retired. (Notice a pattern?) Talk about being glad to be away from a career. Imagine working for the Detroit School Board for 32 years or so...... Good for him. Mick is semi-retired. Her health issues tend to get in the way of a full time teaching career. I imagine that as much as she loves teaching, she'll be glad to "retire" soon. And Joe, just so you know, there are people that have 2236 days left BEFORE I CAN RETIRE!
  • BUT. I know G'ma and I are ready. G'ma retires from her school district on June 10 after over 27 years of teaching. That is A LOT of years with little humans (aged 3-4)! I am proud of her and happy for HER retirement. And G'ma.....
  • G'ma and I are ready. I went to the storage lot and brought the trailer home last Friday. Could not wait to see the trailer behind the new truck. OK, it's not new, (2008), but it's new to us. The 'Pot-Stirrer' blew the engine in his truck, so in an effort to "Take One For The Team", I sold him my Hemi Ram. And since we have wanted a diesel for some time now, I just felt; might as well go big, or go home! So, now we have a Ford F-450 quad cab dually 4x4 in the driveway in front of the trailer. It is a big truck. (You know what they say about men with big trucks.....big gas bills!) We are going to have a great season this year. At least nine trips around this Great State. One trip will be up to the Mackinaw area for a family wedding. I cannot wait for that trip. G'ma will have to learn how to drive the truck before then if history holds true for me and weddings!
  • Our first trip of the season is the weekend after Easter. We hear Frankenmuth calling us. Who cares what the weather is when you don't REALLY camp. All of our rigs are like hotels on wheels. Queen size beds. Showers. Surround sound entertainment! Don't get me wrong. We love the outdoors. Some of us even like to excersize outside and everything! I like to get away. Relax. Sit by a fire at night and bullshit. We really do have a great system. Each family usually cooks one meal during the weekend. It's either breakfast or dinner. Some of us like to experiment. Some of us like the good ol' BBQ, but with real good meat! The meals are never boring...
  • I want to blog about these experiences. The good, the bad, the ugly. (OK. the seven of them are the Good. I'm the Bad, AND the Ugly). I want to get used to writing about life experiences like this. I hope people will enjoy these little tidbits. We'll see....
  • Back to work....Sigh.....

5 comments:

  1. 1. You are ugly.
    2. And you forgot old. But lastly,
    3. You are such a braggart. If I wasn't such a good daughter, I'd tell you where you can shove your huge ass truck. Luckily I'm awesome so I won't tell your camping ass to fuck off.

    Jealous much? Not me.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. More like envious.....
    Dont forget, you have that fancy consierge service when you camp. Way I hear it, the guy takes the camper up to the campground, sets it up, fills the fridge with soda, and then comes to pick it up AND dump your crap. What a service! And how much do you pay for this service????
    Bah....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome truck!! Can't beat a 450 we have one we call her Dirty girl, cause she'll go anywhere and to anything. Enjoy your summer travels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so I don't think you made yourself clear enough....How many days do you have till you retire? hahahahahhahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete