30 March 2011

Welcome

Welcome to my page. Most of you are here thanks to my favorite middle child, Sarah.
First of all, I have to thank her for her help in setting up this page, as she is apt to say, "The only taste I have is in my mouth".
My intention with this page is to get used to putting thoughts to word. G'ma and I are planning to travel a lot when I retire in six years, and I will want to keep a blog on our travels. In the time between then and now, I will log on occasionally to rant about camping, Nascar conspiracies, women drivers, crappy weather, rotten kids, how much I miss my boys and other scintilating ideas.
My family will tell you that I am a big dreamer and schemer. True and true. Guilty as charged. Deal with it. G'ma has had to since 1967 when we first met. But many of my dreams have come true, and most of them due to my marriage to G'ma. In future posts, I'll put into words many of those dreams and how they came to pass.
I think Sarah was right. Writing this post may help me a bit. My mind is seldom truly at rest. In todays society, more and more people fear losing their jobs. More and more people take less time off, vacation time or sick time, than ever before. People are truly afraid that if your place of employment thinks you can afford to take time off, that you are not truly commited to them.
Whatever......I need to get back to work...

8 comments:

  1. True I'm here guilty as charged, thanks to Sarah. However, (always that isn't there) I've gotten to know you somewhat from the comments you leave on her blog. I can appreciate a father who stands by his daughter so lovingly (Mine's being missing from the picture for years, his choice).

    On writing - it's the one thing that saved my sanity when I went deaf. I'll be the first to vouch for the veracity of how calming and easy it is to introspect on what lies ahead. Writing is my forte.

    Welcome to the blogsphere. I'm happy to be along for the ride. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME, Bump! Like Indigo, I came here from Sarah...but don't know HOW I got to HER blog...it's all a mystery, and I'm better for not knowing, and not wanting to know it. "The Cloud of Unknowing".

    I like to write also, but fiddling is my forte (musical term...means L O U D !!!) I still play the violin. not much of a BUMP though, age 78 in May.

    Will leave you to be, now..I'll be Bach! That Indigo is a 'cool' Chica...Hi, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am only posting here because Sarah sent me a hundred dollars and told me to post here. By the way check your wallet she said she "borrowed" it from you old man. That girl needs to get herself back to work so she'll quit--
    A) Being a woman driver during the day
    B) A NASCAR conspirator
    and
    C) Responsible for this protracted winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. And Hey.

    Also "I think Sarah is right." Enough said. I stopped reading right there, because that's all that the world needed to know.

    Oh, this is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogging world. We have a lot of thoughts on a variety of topics here, including camping, conspiracies, fake breasts, and whether beans cause farts. You will fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beans only cause farts in the manliest of men and Sarah, and only in her because she is a bad ass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when my dad, grandpa and everyone else in my family tells the stories of the dreams and scemes of yesteryear. I often wished I had've been carrying around a tape recorder or a memo pad with me,

    one of the things a missionary I met once said was,

    Christians have bumperstickers and slogans, believers have creeds and doctrine, and disciples have scars and stories.

    Scars and stories, they're the ones that touch our hearts and move us the most, in my opin (but my opin is quite often crap).

    Welcome to the blog-o-sphere (from a downriver girl who moved down south) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. JMoM; I love your comment.
    Three things my Dad taught me not to argue:
    Race, Religion and Politics. You can never win an arguement in any of those three subjects. One thing I learned from my Mother-In-Law: You can't win an arguement with an ignorant person.
    One of my future posts will resolve around your comment about Christians, believers and diciples....Thanks for the idea!
    Bump

    ReplyDelete