24 May 2016

But wait; there's more

Sedona: Part Duex



One of the private home as seen from the Chapel

The "Barking Frog". I don't know. But the food was great

 Alcantara Vinyards , Sedona AZ

So; just as a 'heads up', neither of us drink wine. G'ma is a 'Pollyanna' and wine gives me a headache.
Sedona has several vineyards to tour. We thought since we had one more open day, we'd be big shots and go on a 'Wine Tasting' visit. Since this winery is listed as one of the best, and it was close, we went there for our first exposure to the world of 'wine tasting'.
Our first hint that it was going to be a disaster was the road into the place. It was probably two miles of hard packed, very rocky and bumpy dirt road. With the suspension on the truck already being set hard, it was an extremely harsh ride in.
Once we got to the tasting room, it was very cool. Nice setting. Great view of the vineyard. When the hostess seated us, she handed us the menu of wines along with THE PRICE OF THE TASTING. I said to myself; "Self. You GOTTA pay to TASTE their wine"? Then I said it out loud to G'ma. She was already thinking the same thing. I knew that because I could see it in her eyes. 
Since this was our first time, AND we let the hostess know this, we stayed and figured, 'What the hell. Something we'll never do again'. 
We opted for the "Five Samples for $10" menu. The hostess helped a lot in helping us pick which samples we wanted to try.We explained the we promised a friend of ours that we would bring her home a bottle. Explained what we wanted, and of course, it's the most expensive item on the menu. (Oh. Did I forget to tell you that you need something to 'cleanse your palette' in between courses? Of course you do. Let's order the $20 Antipasto tray!). 
Five tiny tastes of five different wines later, (no buzz of course), we ordered a couple of bottles of wine to bring home. The day we picked to do something cheap only cost $110!!
Then we had to drive that stinking road out again. That gave me the headache. 
This trip is about exploring and experiencing new and exciting adventures. I have learned that I do not like wine tasting. (Still looking in the AAA Tour Books for that elusive Vodka tasting place).

Thats Two Miles Of Hell


Yay. We made it.



Amid the rocks, the trees. A really beautiful area.

 Nest blog: Meteor Crater and Petrified Forest N.P.
C'ya
Bump
 

1 comment:

  1. I walked in back pack and all to a vineyard in CA. I must have been a few days past a shower because they asked me to leave so my wine tasting record is unblemished although I will admit I did pinch a small sample of the smoked salmon on my way out the door.

    ReplyDelete