- As I said in my "Facebook" post; Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there. And you all know who you are!
- With both of our Mothers gone, G'ma and I rely on our "Little Mothers" to come over and make the holiday whats its supposed to be. Bex and Sar came through as they always do. This year, the fun factor was increased by the fact that significant others also brought their little humans to the house. Aunt Lu and TG brought their kids over to help celebrate with us. No matter what we say, or how we act, we love having the kids over to the house, (as long as the Moms are there)! When I looked out at the boys running around in th front yard, it reminded me of the times I went to my Grandmothers house, all those years ago, (YES I CAN REMEMBER Back that far Girls!).
- Yes, we were 'blessed' with a beautiful day. The weather yesterday was as great as it gets in Michigan. Not too hot, not too cold or windy.
- I know all my Moms like steak. So, I actually was proactive and got with the men in my daughters lives, (actually, I got with the girls), and let them know what I was going to do for dinner and asked that they bring something to add to dinner. I made it a point to make sure that BUYING things, as compared to MAKING things was absolutely acceptable. TG brought potato salad and PS brought strawberry shortcake (with French Vanilla Ice Cream; the ONLY way to make it, BTW). I went to Costco and picked up Filet Mignon and Mushrooms from Ninos. It goes without saying that dinner was a hit with EVERYONE, especially the Moms, since they did not have to do A N Y T H I N G . (I made sure the men took care of thier kids so the moms would not have to).
- Let me tell you all something about Costco. If you dont already know this, you can buy Filet Mignon for a price that some stores charge for ROASTS!. ($10.99 a pound last week). The quality of this meat is unbeatable. As long as I can afford it, I will eat no other steak!
- I wish Lu's parents could have made it. I hear that they are 'good people'. (Hi Sha-Mom. HMD!)
- I was glad to read Sarahs post and hear her say what I thought I saw yesterday.
- I think I did okay for Moms Day this year.
- Well....back to work!